Bytagig is seeking a Tier 3 Help Desk Technician to join their growing team! We do not have an immediate need at this time but are openly recruiting talent for this role.
The Tier 3 Helpdesk Technician handles highly advanced or Business priority level IT support requests that come in from our Clients. The tier III Helpdesk Technician protects client’s IT network and devices by software and hardware checkups, data recovery management and cloud management.
- Delight our Clients with a Friendly, Quick and Helpful Experience
- From time to time the projects team will need additional resource to help deliver projects either on site or remotely. When opportunities arise the Technician may be required to help with project delivery
- Manages and monitors problem tickets, analyze incidents and determine support required.
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problem, investigate cause and recommend solution.
- Documents IT requests in tracking system, record actions and follow up on deferred action.
- Keeps customers informed of progress and status of calls/tickets throughout resolution.
- Collaborates with customers and co-workers to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Troubleshoots, analyzes, resolves, tracks, escalates and documents technical problems.
- Resolves incidents on first contact when possible using the supported remote desktop control application as appropriate.
- The ability to speak both Geek and human
- Troubleshoots systems and errors, as issue is identified is responsible for implementing solutions.
- Trains users on proper use of hardware and software.
- Handles Firewall Setup, Wired Network Setup, Wireless Network Setup and Access Points
- Proactive maintenance and monitoring using advanced tools and solutions
- Responsible for Hard Drive Check and Data Backup
- Cloud Management
- 24/7 monitoring of devices
- Escalates issues to Senior Network Administrator to resolve issues outside of scope or knowledge base.
- Provides onsite user support at client sites as needed.
- Deploys laptops and desktops in various client environments.
- Maintains system capabilities by testing existing equipment and programs.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven ability to manage a flexible schedule.
- 7+ years’ experience working for an MSP at Tier II or Tier III Helpdesk level.
- Always available, mobile, and open to travel in the local Portland metro area.
- Experienced and knowledgeable on a variety of IT systems and platforms including Azure, networking, Windows Server, Office 365, Microsoft Intune
- Familiar with LAN|WAN|VoIP technologies