Bytagig is seeking a Tier 1 Helpdesk Technician to join their growing team! We do not have an immediate need at this time but are openly recruiting talent for this role.
The Tier I Helpdesk Technician handles the first level tech support requests that come in from our Clients. They are the first to touch a helpdesk ticket and make sure that the issued is handled quickly and the Client is informed of what to expect every step of the way.
- Delight our Clients with a Friendly, Quick and Helpful Experience
- From time to time the projects team will need additional resource to help deliver projects either on site or remotely. When opportunities arise the Junior / L1 Technician may be required to help with project delivery
- Manages and monitors problem tickets, analyze incidents and determine support required.
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problem, investigate cause and recommend solution.
- Documents IT requests in tracking system, record actions and follow up on deferred action.
- Keeps customers informed of progress and status of calls/tickets throughout resolution.
- Collaborates with customers and co-workers to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Troubleshoots, analyzes, resolves, tracks, escalates and documents technical problems.
- Resolves incidents on first contact when possible using the supported remote desktop control application as appropriate.
- The ability to speak both Geek and human
- Troubleshoots systems and errors, as issue is identified is responsible for implementing solutions.
- Trains users on proper use of hardware and software.
- Escalates issues to Tier II helpdesk or SME to resolve issues outside of scope or knowledge base.
- Provides onsite user support at client sites as needed.
- Deploys laptops and desktops in various client environments.
- Maintains system capabilities by testing existing equipment and programs.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven ability to manage a flexible schedule.
- 1+ years’ experience working for an MSP at Tier I Helpdesk level.
- Always available, mobile, and open to travel in the local Portland metro area.
- Experienced and knowledgeable on a variety of IT systems and platforms including Azure, networking, Windows Server, Office 365
- Familiar with LAN|WAN|VoIP technologies